Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Human Digital Implant debate
After just enduring surgery and the roller coaster ride that happens on the road to recovery its ironic that my perspective on Human Digital Implant is being sought. It is also ironic because this time a year ago I had a intense debate with a friend about this very subject. My friend wanted to know if giving the choice between digital implant or disobeying the law would I conform to the law and proceed with an embedded chip. My friend was vehemently opposed to any implants mandated by the government as probably most people would be. That is the conspiracy concept that most of us have about our government. We all at times think that our government is attempting to monitor and restrict our every move. Personally my initial response was "HECK NO!!!!". I really don't see the benefit of a digital implant inside of me unless I'm going on a five year sabbatical in an unknown part of this world and/or beyond and want to be found if I'm ever lost. I always flash back to movies like the "Manchurian Candidate" and the "Jason Bourne' movie series whenever conspiracy topics are discussed. I'm not willing to have a chip implanted in my body due for various reasons other than just government conspiracy.
If I did comply with an inserted chip it would be useful to have my medical history and even my family contact information embedded. Let's say someone get robbed and hit over the head. When they come to there is no memory of their past life and don't even have their ID due to the robbery. If there is an indication that this person have an ID chip inserted family members and friends can be contacted to aide and assist the person. Some people and possibly even I would be open to discuss violent repeated sex offenders having a chip inserted into them for monitoring purposes. Many parolees cut their ankle bracelet which leave law enforcement unable to track them. This leads to danger for all citizens. I would listen and entertain a discussion on inserting chips in repeat violent offenders to be able to monitor their every movement. People who suffer from Dementia and other mental ailments would possibly benefit if they are ever lost and unable to remember how to return home.
A precaution I would take with implanted digital devices/chips is to ensure the material that the chips are made out of are safe. Corrosion is an issue and can be detrimental to a person if not monitored.
I would also set the fine very high for abuse by law enforcement and the medical industry. When I say high I mean upper seven figures would be the minimum for any violations.
In the following states it is illegal to mandate digital chip implants.
California, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin
My final assessment is that this debate won't be over anytime soon and I'm surprised more states have not made it illegal to mandate such an intrusive law. That make me think it can possibly happen.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-humans-with-microchips-implanted-in-them/
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/06/proposed-bill-authorizes-the-federal-government-to-equip-disabled-individuals-with-tracking-devices/
http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/371474/employee+rights+labour+relations/Several+US+States+Prohibit+the+Mandatory+Implantation+of+RFID+Microchips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment