Wednesday, May 3, 2017

network command sheet








NETWORK COMMAND WORKSHEET.

1.      IP ADDRESS FOR MY COMPUTER: 10.116.163.188
2.      SUBNET MASK: 255.0.0.0
3.      DEFAULT GATEWAY: 10.128.128.128
4.      WWW.GOOGLE.COM – 216.58.192.164
5.      WWW.YAHOO.COM – 98.139.183.24
6.      WWW.UBUNTY.COM – 91.189.90.59
7.      WWW.DHS.GOV – 23.0.147. 249
8.      WWW.TRITON.EDU – 208.88.129.144
9.      THIS IS THE IP ADDRESS I CHOSE TO TYPE IN – 91.189.90.59 WHICH LED ME TO http://www.ip-tracker.org/blacklist-check.php?ip=91.189.90.59
10.  It took nine hops to get to google.
11.  My IP address the second time was 173. 15.69.57 which is different from before.

12.  Its different because I’m reaching and communicating with a different site. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your submission, Randall. The Subnet Mask you listed for your computer is a Class A subnet. By chance did you perform these network commands at work? Normally, if you are at your home, on your home network; we normally see Class C IP addresses assigned; with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. However, I do not know everything :) Your internal IP address may very well in fact be in the Class A range.

    Question #6 website listed is incorrect. The correct website should be www.ubuntu.com The website you listed (www.ubunty.com) is actually offline. This is why you were directed to a "dead end" page.

    Question 11 - The reason your IP address is different that before is because the IP address (173.15.69.57) is issued by your Internet Service Provider (Comcast) on the "public" facing port of your Router. The Internal port (wired or WiFi) is issuing IP addresses on the "private" facing port(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my reseearch while I was at Panera Bread or Starbucks. Thank you for the information!

      Delete